Monday, 8 June 2015

June 1-7 (Week 18)


I’m exhausted. This week I had my first work out class at the park near my house, played cricket, had a stage management meeting, went to Jazz dance class, and did a ballet class, (all of which start at 10am) plus I head rehearsal ever night until 11:30pm (and then went to the bar a couple of times). I just wanted to sleep all day today.
Last night (Sunday) was Light up the Sky’s first day on stage (also the beginning of our ‘tech week’ – a week where we start adding all the technical aspects to the rehearsal process-although here, the process is about 2 weeks long as we don’t have rehearsals or on stage time every day.) I haven’t gone through a tech week in 8 months! That’s kind of crazy. I was feeling very rusty, and didn’t know what to expect for my first on stage day in so long, and my first on stage day at the festival in a unionized house (Quebec English theatre doesn’t have a technicians union, so it’s a bit of a different process). I do very little on this show-the only thing I do so far is take 4 champagne glasses from actors between Act 1 and 2… the rest of the time I’m sitting around making sure actors make their entrances…I’ll get lots of reading done and maybe I can use that time for writing or working on the Directors Projects that will be starting in August.

That’s all I got right now…I might write a mid-week update, as I have a lot of early nights and shorter days this upcoming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment