Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Week 14 May 4-10th

This week in I have nothing to say:
I went to Toronto for the day on my day off, which was wonderful. I saw the Avengers movie (so good, stop reading this and go see it) and went to a board game café with some friends for a few hours. Every time I go to Toronto I spend way too much money. This needs to stop.
I had 2 rehearsals this week, we continued to work on Act 1. I managed to updated my wigs and wardrobe running list, so I feel pretty good about moving forward. I don’t have any ‘lesson of the week’ or great advice to share this week.
I went to my second cricket practice and can catch the circket ball now, I just need to practice throwing it… I got up to bad and got in some points. It’s funny to run with all this equipment on.
I had a lot of office hours this week because it was so slow on the rehearsal side of things. The office has become a bit of an ‘autopilot’ feeling, which is good, we’ve all gotten into the rhythm of this part of the season. Shows are about to open and other shows are 3 weeks into their process. I’ve got the cross cast list memorised. Test me! (Most of the actors and stage managers work on 2 shows through the season so the cross cast list is a list of which two shows each person is doing, it really helps when you’re trying to schedule fittings and classes for people.)
The only really exciting thing I did this week was I drove to Startford and back on Friday for the SPRINGWORKS festival, and tech’ed and ran the opening show of Michaela’s play 8 Ways My Mother Was Conceived. I don’t have data on my phone so I had to print out google maps instructions and hope that I didn’t get lost. I rented a car from Enterprise in Niagara Falls, they came and picked me up. I managed to drive there and back and only make 2 wrong turns (the first was getting out of the rental car parking lot…the second was turning too early in Stratford-both times I figured it out immediately, so all was fine.) The show went pretty well, and it was really great to see Michaela and Gab. After the show, we went to dinner and I drove back to NOTL.
I really wish I had something more interesting to say about going to Stratford or my week in general, but I guess not every day can be an exciting learning experience.

To be honest, all I remember about my week is watching HABS games and getting really stressed about the outcomes. I think once we’ve won the Stanley cup, I’ll start writing at the end of every day so it will be easier to remember what cool things I did in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment