Monday, 9 March 2015

Week 5; March 1-9




Oh Boy! I didn’t write at the end of each night so I don’t even know what happened last week that’s worth writing about. It was my last week of just being in the office. I started rehearsals for Lady from the Sea today. Andrea started last Monday and I had a full week of her amazing energy keeping me company in the office. I’ve already learnt so much from her. She’s so positive and ready to help and teach! We’ve really bonded. We both agree that the minute we stop learning something from our job and the people we work with is the minute we change careers. My office week was really busy. I was supposed to have some time to prepare my rehearsal binder/prompt book but I got as far as putting dividers in my binder, printing the script and my opposite page (where I write all the blocking notes and tracking props/costumes) and inserting that into my binder. It was a busy week in the office but I really can’t remember what I was busy doing. I think part of me week went to preparing for our new intern Sara. She’s in her graduating year at Sheridan and started today. I wanted to make her introduction to the office/festival as smooth as possible because I knew this upcoming week would be very busy.
The daily schedule is definitely becoming more of a challenge/time consuming, but it’s a lot of fun to figure it all out. Saturday I helped Andrea tape the floor for our show. The set design consists of one large ‘object’ so we basically just taped the stage floor down so the actors will know what the can play around in. I learned some tricks on how to keep things square while taping: Using a sheet of paper and placing it at intersections you’re trying to put down. It’s so simple! Using tiny dots to plot out your points so you don’t have to rip tiny pieces of floor tape (which I SUCK at doing…) is also a great one.
Highlights of the week:
-playing Battlestar Galactica music on Saturday when I had about 7 hours of work to do and only a 5 hour work day. It really helped me pump through all the work. I got it all done!
-Meeting Alessandro Juliana. If someone hadn’t told me before that he played Lt. Gaeta on BSG I probably wouldn’t have recognized him. He doesn’t quite look the same. (It’s also been 6 years since the show’s been off the air…) But the voice would have definitely caught my attention. He’s super nice!
-Spending a day and a bit in Toronto was amazing!!!
That’s really all I have right now. Next week I’ll have a lot more to say.
Thanks for sticking around and staying interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment