Sunday, 1 February 2015

January 30th



January 30th 2015
Day -1: I arrived yesterday at 3pm. Dad and I unloaded the car and then we went grocery shopping. I met my roommate in the evening and we bonded quickly. This place is beautiful. It started snowing when we arrived so there’s a fresh coat on the ground. My apartment looks like it was designed in the 60s, even the furniture is quaint. Today I stopped by the Main stage and met Alison. She’s lovely and full of energy. She gave me a quick sneak peak of the offices and rehearsal halls and she introduced me to a few people. There’s this very long hallway between the green room/rehearsal hall and the main stairs to the offices, it’s been dubbed the ‘awkward hallway’ because it’s so long. As Alison says “When do you make eye contact/smile/say hello? What’s the right amount of distance before you acknowledge some one?” She also said that Thea and I are very similar and she thinks we will complement each other. She says she had 4 very good applicants but the other two people have worked at Stratford so she wasn’t sure how much this experience would benefit them so she choose Thea and myself. She says Thea and I are at the same skill level so we’ll be learning from a very similar place. Alison has been working as the PSM for 3 years and would like to start making some changes in the apprentice program so that we benefit fully from the resources around us. I’m very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment